About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Sunday 28 May 2006

Tikka (aka Ezra)

You may remember me as EZRA. Here is my storey.
Back in October of 2004 when I was 7 weeks old I was rescued by the wonderful people of SCARS with my brothers and sisters. Well in that same month I was adopted by a wonderful couple named Pete and Dawn and they changed my name to TIKKA.

I get all the chewies and toys I can handle, designer collar, good neck scratches, car rides, Frisbee throwing, lots of attention and lots of love. I have graduated from level 1 & 2 obedience at the top of my class, I have completed my second level of agility and this spring I am taking retriever training.
All these accomplishments and I am not even 2 years old yet! But I am not here to brag… I am here to say thank-you to everyone from SCARS and to acknowledge all the time and effort they put into us pooches. My parents would also like to say a big gigantic thank-you because if not for you, they would not have such a good looking and talented dog! Ok I added that last part in…. But seriously, they really want you to know that they are very happy to have found me.

Love, Tikka

No comments: