About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Wednesday 10 May 2006

Chance (aka Cicero)

I wanted to write to you so I could fill you in on all the new exciting things that have been happening in my life, and to thank you once again for taking such great care of me and making my stay with you so enjoyable.

I love my new home and family, especially my big brother Codin. Even though he may not show it all the time, I know he loves me to pieces and he takes very good care of me. He has taught me lots of new tricks, like how to catch a ball and bring it back, how to shake a paw, and how to eat snow.


I also love my grandparents; they treat me so well (I’m a very spoiled boy.) My grandpa likes to feed me pieces of bacon when he thinks grandma isn’t looking, and grandma always has something for me to play with. I love going for walks with my grandpa, we always have fun splashing in puddles and making a big mess.

On Monday I had my first bath; it was not as fun as Bryn promised me it would be, but my aunty Berde from Denmark made sure I got dried off good, and then she even let me fall asleep with her on the fancy leather furniture. She spoils me so much; she even bought me a fancy bed to sleep in with a beautiful sheep’s skin. It keeps me very warm.

I’m sure you’ll be happy to know that I am growing like a weed; I’ve gained four pounds since I moved in with my new family. I hope you’re all doing well without me. *Chance
P.S. I have had my 1st set of shots and was NOT impressed. My people tell everybody I am a “Drama Queen”!

No comments: