About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Saturday 27 May 2006

Scottie

Hi Guys! It's me....Scottie! Just wanted to let you know that I'm doin' grrrrrreeeaaattt! I love my new family and they love me too. I get to go for lots of walks and car rides and my mom even takes me to work with her. I love all the people there, and some of those ladies smell really nice and when they hug me I smell nice too! My dad gets me up some mornings and says "Hello Son!" (I think he's glad to have another man around the house since he's surrounded by girls) My mom loves me so much she brought home another dog to play with. Her name is "Journey" and she's the sweetest. I don't get to keep her though cuz she is looking for a family of her own and hopefully someone will adopt her soon and love her as much as we do. I even got to baby-sit "Smudge" for a couple of days and took really good care of her. By the time she left, she was covered in my slobber just to show her how much I cared! My human sisters think I'm the greatest. I get to wake them up in the morning, and snuggle with them at night in their beds. And when they jump on the trampoline it makes me so happy I just want to get up there and jump with them. Seriously folks, I'm happy happy HAPPY! Thank you all for taking such good care of me at SCARS. I've known some of you since I was a baby (well I'm only 8 months now...) and probably wouldn't be half the man I am today if it wasn't for some of you! Too bad no one ever taught me how to drink from a bowl without spreading water over the entire house!!!
With love & lots of licks! Scottie

No comments: