About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Monday 18 August 2008

Turbo (Robbie)

Happy Birthday to me! I just turned 1 year old and my mom says I'm the best boy ever!! I was just a baby when I went to live with my new family and had worms so bad that it took four treatments to clear me up. I'm happy and healthy now though and very, very loved. I will never have to spend another moment living in a dump, what a relief!

My family includes a big brother Rocky, he's a 110lb Rotti and he helped show me the ropes. Now I think I must be a really big dog because Rocky lets me lay on top of him and "beat him up". Things just got even better and more fun because mom opened up a doggie day care so I have been making lots of new friends and get to play my favorite game all day....tug-of-war!!

Thank you SCARS and all the foster families out there for doing the amazing work that you do. Without your help who knows what might have become of me.

Love,
Turbo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!!...and \happy birthday!!!