About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Tuesday 17 October 2006

Bree (aka Meg)

You all may remember me as Meg but my new mom has renamed me Brianna (Bree). She picked this name because it means 'Strength'; and after everything that I've gone through :first as a stray with my mom and sisters, then my sisters got sick with parvo, but I managed to stay healthy and then the other pups out at my Foster home got Distemper and yet again a came out ok. Now my doggy mom is sick and has those pesky little things called lice, I was just checked out today and yet again I've come out with a clean bill of health. My mom is going to treat my fur lice just incase though. So I think that my mom picked a fitting name for me, oh it also mean Beautiful -which I soooo am :)


My big brother and mean "BIG" brother (85lbs) and I get along great he even lets me take the toys right out of his mouth, he is a sweet heart but I knowthat if the time came he'd have my back :)

I'm doing really well, am loving my new raw diet and getting bigger and stronger everyday. I have lots of energy that I get to burn off playing catch (ya that's right I've already learned that game) and doing other training like how to walk on leash and the basics like sit,down,come. I can’t wait until I am safe to go to puppy Kindergarten. Don't get me wrong it’s not all work, I also get to have great snuggle sessions with me mom, I have my own bed but mom lets me cuddle with her while she relaxes.

Well that's all for now I will keep you updated on my progress, I've sent a couple pics for you to see how "hard" my life is.

Big thanks to everyone that took care of me while I was waiting for my Forever home ! ! !
Bree

No comments: