About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Saturday 11 March 2006

Tessa

I’m Tessa.

Mine is a distant memory of how I was left alone to perish. I remember it wasn’t long before the despair set in and I became very depressed. It was November and getting colder and the days were shorter. It didn’t take long before I finally gave up and curled up in a ditch worrying about what was to become of me.

With the noise of a vehicle, I lifted my head and there was my angel, a lady with soft eyes and a caring smile. She was patient with me as I was very scared….but something in her voice said to go with her. In her car I jumped, not knowing where or what was to happen to me. She was stopped on the road by a couple of men out looking for me, but it was only later I knew that they were looking to shoot me and that I had escaped with my life by minutes.

I’m now in my forever home with my forever family. I wasn’t up on the site very long so some of you reading this may not remember me. However, I became a Second Chance dog and look at me now! I went from a wayward stray to graduating class with honors. Going to school was great fun and I learned so much. Thanks to Kim, my trainer, and my mom who worked with me through some of my issues. I know that there’ll never be bad times for me ever, my days are filled with fun, love and contentment. My only words to all homeless and abused animals are …..


I believe there are angels among us.
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
They come to you and me in our darkest hours.
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give.
To guide us with a light of love. (Alabama)
Thank you to Sylvia and all the volunteers at Second Chance…who truly are our angels.

No comments: