About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Tuesday 28 March 2006

Annie

My name is Annie, i kept my name when i was adopted by my mommy. I was adopted December 8 2005. My mommy and me have been so busy since i came to my new home that i forgot to write. I love my home and my mommy, she's very good to me. My sister was Allie and she got adopted before me, now i have a new sister her name is zoe and she is the golden retriever in my pictures.
My sister and me are the best of friends and we play all day long. I came to SCARS with my sister Allie, we followed a lady home when we were about 6 weeks old and she brought us to SCARS. My sister and I were supposed to be fostered by a family but my sister got adopted, so it was just me that went.


My foster family was very nice to me and i had many other dogs to play with. One night my mommy came over to their house because she knew the family and she saw me and fell in love with me because i was just so darn cute. I was only at my foster home for one week then i went to my new home. My grandma and grandpa love me very much, just as much as my mommy does. i am a lot bigger than i used to be, i used to weigh about 8 pounds and i am now 30 pounds at 5 months old. My mommy takes me to the dog parks to run around and play and she also takes me out to the lake to run free all over the place. well i have to run now its about supper time, i'll write again sometime soon. Love Annie

No comments: