About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Saturday 25 June 2005

Peanut

I have been wanting to email you for some time about how Peanut is doing. I adopted Peanut a year ago from Sylvia's care. I knew Peanut would need patience and understanding from the abuse she had endured.


She is doing wonderfully and is such a great addition to my home. Peanut looks a fair bit different than when she was taken in by SCARS. She is quitered in color and actually has a curly tail and one ear that sticks up. When she first came to me she was so timid but now she does the "happy dance"when I come home or even when I come downstairs.

Though I doubt Peanut was ever in a house before she came to me she is very comfortable being inside and has made my living room couch her own. She has made friends with my cat, Myia, and is learning how to play with other dogs at the off leash parks. Toys and balls are still a mystery to her and sticks continue to scare her but she is a good listener and is even able to do a few tricks. Although she still lacks trust in strangers she is noticeably better and has started to show some affection to those she sees frequently.

I would like to thank SCARS for rescuing this wonderful dog andproviding me with the joy Peanut brings me every day. Sincere thanks, Anne

No comments: