About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Tuesday 14 February 2006

Diesel

Hi everyone at SCARS…
It’s me Diesel, otherwise known as Deez, or rotten dog, or an array of other words that I have yet to figure out…
Just wanted to write in and let you know how things have been going for me over the past year.
Food – did you know that you can clean out a bowl of dog food in 33 seconds! It has been done. Can you spell Pepto Bismol!
Ame – my big sister, she didn’t really want anything to do with me, but now she has too! For some reason she lets me push her around now…I want to be the boss, sort of.
Bravery – I think I am brave, however I find from time to time, I too can become very shy.
Gram – I just love when she visits, cookies all around!
Bed – great place to sleep once I can sneak on during the night. I do get told to go and sleep with Ame on our bed, but it just isn’t the same.
Kennel (aka, house) – I have become partial to my house, since I have to go in there from time to time. I actually don’t like anyone else going inside.
Snow – discovered it is just about the best thing in the world next to water – oh and food. I love running in the snow with my mouth open, it’s great until you find the yellow stuff.
Christmas – uneventful, I did get some great toys though.
Spring – mud and rocks are good to eat, not so good when you have to go to the Vet to make sure they pass though. Sticks are good fiber also.
Summer – camping is cool, but the lake is way cooler! I just love to run in the sand and have the water splash up onto my tummy. Wah hoo!
Water – I love the sprinkler and my pool… ahhh the good life… I tried to bring the sprinkler into the house this Summer, got as far as the kitchen and mom freaked out!
Fall – catching leaves before they hit the ground is great, you need focus… which I can only do for a short time, too many other things to do.
Winter again – well, where is the SNOW? I’m waiting…
Well, that is pretty much how things have been, I have a wonderful family who spoil me rotten, I’m pretty lucky, as each night my mom tells us about the homeless dogs and we say a prayer for them.
Thanks again for rescuing me! Diesel (Deez)

No comments: