About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Monday 5 June 2006

Beau

Hi everybody, Beau here!
Just wanted to let all of you know that I am settled into my "forever home", and man oh man, I am lovin' it. My Aunt Yvonne picked me up from my Foster Mom's house, and took me to the Airport.
I got to ride on an airplane to get to my new Mom. My new Auntie Wendy brought me, and once the plane took off, they let me out of my carrier so I could give lots of licks and cuddles to the other people on the plane. My Mom and my new Sister Lucky were waiting for me at the airport. Lucky is a big black lab/ border collie X and she said that she came from a shelter too. She told me lots of things about my new home and my Mom the first night, after my Mom was asleep.She thought we were sleeping too ! Ha !
There are lots of lakes around here, and we go to one of them every day. lucky swims way out to get the ball, I don't understand it really, I have waded out to my chest a couple of time,s but the water is cold, and who wants to chase a stupid ball when there are so many more interesting things in the woods, and around the rocks? We have gone a couple of times to a doggie "off leash" park, where there are all kinds of other dogs running around while their owners follow them. I like to stay fairly close to my Mom and Lucky, I do a bit of exploring on my own, but when Mom calls I run as fast as I can to go back to her side. Her friends say I am "gorgeous", not sure what that means, but I think it is a good thing, cause they hug me real tight and pet me lots. My tail has not stopped wagging since I came!

Love, Beau.
Ps- lots of kisses to my Foster Mom Janice and the kids
.

No comments: