About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Wednesday 2 January 2008

Skyler

Hi there,

I see you updated your web page and I wanted to give you an update on Skylar who we found on your web site in October 2007. When Skylar first came to us we loved her right away - she is a BIG suck she spends most of her time on her back with all four feet in the air waiting for someone to pet her belly. In the short period of time that we have had her she has learned to go off leash, sit, stay and has learned that she is not allowed upstairs or on the furniture, she is one smart dog. We already had a collie when we welcomed Skylar into our house and she has instantly become her sister, they share their dog house outside and spend countless hours wrestling with each other. We also have three small children and Skylar is amazing with them, she even lets the baby climb all over her. Skylar has been an excellent addition to our home and she will be with us forever!!!

Here are some pictures of Skylar if you would like to add them to your web site!

The Webb Family



November 2, 2007

Hi there!! It's me Skylar, I just wanted to "paw" you a message to tell you how happy I am at my new home!! I have three two legged siblings and one four legged sibling. My border collie sister and I love to wrestle in the back yard and I even let the baby crawl all over me. I travel well and am learning the rules of my new house. I go off leash at the dog park and love to roll on my back and have people give me a rub. I am learning to come when my mom calls me and I already know how to sit, stay and lie down, I am soooo smart!! I get really upset when my mom goes to pick up by brother from school and doesn't take me too. My sister Zippy and I sometimes get into trouble in the back yard, actually, I taught her a new trick - it's called digging, it's really fun especially in the garden, hee hee. Thanks for rescuing me scars. I am one happy dog.

Sincerely,

Skylar

No comments: