About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Sunday 14 December 2008

Tug (Tuxedo)

Hi everyone @ Scars,

Just dropping you a line to say Merry Christmas to all at the shelter. I have been living the life of Riley out here on the farm. It is so fun to just run and run and run. I have been at my forever home for over a year now, and have met some new friends. My very bestest friend is my new dog brother Charlie. He is an old, and I mean old, Basset hound. He dosn't move very fast, so I wait for him at the door, and try to get him to run, but with not to much luck. We have separate dog bed's in Mom and Dad's room, but we prefur to sleep together. We have become inseperalbe. I have met the neighbours. One morning in the summer, I was outside when it thundered, and I bolted. I went right on into there kitchen. By the way... I can open doors, if you were wondering. I am so scared of thunder, it is not funny. Mom and Dad do their best if we have grey skies, they head me right for the door if I am outside, or don't let me out if I am inside. I just sit there and shake. Other than that, I mow the lawn's with grandpa, herd the kids on the quad, been boating, herd the horses around, and sit outside by the firepit in the summer, and wait for the hotdog's to come my way.

I have had some minor surgury as well. I had to have one of my dew claws removed, it was looking funny and was getting infected. I was a real trooper though. Had my surgery, wore cool colored bandages for about a week, and ran and ran. That didn't slow me down at all. The vet thinks I should get into agility training. My mom said she would look into it in the spring.

Well I think I have about covered my life out here, Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the cats. I like them. I chased one of them up a tree the first day I got here, but since then, we have all worked out our pecking order, and we are now friends. Go figure, never thought I would be saying that.

Well all I had better "run" Just snuck into the computer room to drop this line to you. Thanks for finding me my new home. Everyone just adore's me as much as I adore them. You all do very important and great work, so dogs like me can find happiness. Sloppy wet Tug kisses to all the volunteers...


Happy Holidays to all, and I hope Santa drops a few dog bone's in your stocking from me...

"Tug " AKA Tuxedo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw that you are an adopter of a SCARS dog. Me to! I also live in Ryley. :)