About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Tuesday 22 May 2007

Millie

Hello!

It is getting close to a year since I have been adopted and I am having a great time with my new family. I live with my Mom and Dad and I even have a little black pug for a sister.


A lot has happened in the last year. My Mom and Dad got married just as soon as I was adopted and we moved to Calgary. I love it here.


I am getting quite big. I weigh 58lbs. I like to play ball in the back yard and go for long walks. I keep asking Dad to take me for a bike ride but he doesn't think that my brakes work that well yet.

I am curious to see how my siblings are doing...Maggie, Rocky, and all of the others. I hope that they are as happy as me.


Love,


Mille Taylor


P.s. I have enclosed a picture of myself so you can see how great I look. XOXOX

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hi Millie's mom, Just thought I would wonder on the SCARS sight and I found your posting and I think my Rocky is Millie's sister. I would love to see more pictures of her and in turn I will send you pictures of Rocky. He is very different from Millie and his mom he's 80+ pounds and has some Kramer hair going on. Their mom was adopted out and her folks bring her to the dog park we go to so even though they don't really know each other anymore they play well together. We have since adoted another dog from SCARS Sadie aka Billie and they get along soooo well. Love to hear from you and swap pictures.

Thanks,

Helen