About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Monday 11 June 2007

Echo

Hi There,

I am sending an update on Echo. I sent a pic. of her last year to be put in your Look at us now. It as been a year since we got Echo and she has taken over our yard, house and our hearts. She is the most affectionate, lovable and obedient ( except for going after a deer once) dog we have ever had. We love her to bits. I have heard from a few people that have got dogs from scars that they to are very happy with there pets. Thank-you scars...
Yours truly.. Phil



September 6, 2006

I thought I would give you a quick update on Echo. We have had her for 3 months now. For starters we all LOVE her to pieces. She is a very easygoing dog. She is great with other dogs we meet on our walks. ( very easy going ) Oh and she LOVES walks and rides in the truck. I take her with me as much as possible. I do not think Echo has a mean bone in her body. Getting Echo was the best thing we did. She is a very obedient dog. I could not ask for more.
Thanks S.C.A.R.S.
Yours Truly Phil....


June, 2006

Just thought I would let you know that so far Echo is doing great. She is a VERY good dog so far. It will be three weeks this Tusday that we had her. All I can say is she's a doll. She listens real well and follows basic commands. The only time she go's to the bathroom is when we take her for walks. I think she only went twice in the yard. Between me and my daughter she is getting spoilt.Anyway I just thought I would tell you a bit about how Echo was doing... Yours Truly.. Phil

No comments: