About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Monday 27 November 2006

Casper

Hope you remember me, I am big and white, lots of fun, and a gentle giant. I really like my new home, I can run and run and run and run for ever, I haven't even made it around the entire place yet cause the snow is so deep.
My new owners are sucks..I give them a look and they give me a treat, and I got this cool new friend named Thor, he's been here awhile, so he gets the best spots to sleep, but I'm ok with that cause I like the cooler spots.
Gotta go, I see a stuffed animal I must destroy.

Hi all, this is Keith and Sue. Casper is doing great, he has fit into our family very well, and is very well behaved. Our other dog and him get along really good, and Casper seems to enjoy having lots of space to run. Although its been cold and lots of snow, he ranges out and and is always the last to come in at night. Its like Casper has always been here, he has fit in so well. We are extremely happy he has joined our family.
Thanks for everything. Some pics of the little fella.
Keith and Sue

No comments: