About SCARS

Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Northern Alberta, Canada

We believe that there is a suitable home for all homeless animals: young or old; large or small.

As a volunteer-run, registered charity, we care for these animals by providing veterinary care and foster homes for animals in need until a permanent home is found. These private foster homes provide the animals with warm shelter, food, exercise, and tender loving care (something that so many of the animals we receive have never experienced).

SCARS does not practice selective intake procedures and operates in a triage manner: taking the animal in most medical need first. As a result our medical expenses are enormous. Please consider donating to our rescue efforts.


Look At Us Now!

To date, SCARS has rescued and rehomed over 3,000 animals.

Because these animals live in our homes, we deveop a very deep bond with our fosters. Many of the adoptive families keep us updated on how well their new companions are thriving in their new homes.

To all the wonderful foster homes, all the tireless volunteers, all the compassionate furever-homes: we say a heartfelt thank-you!

Please support your local rescue society and consider adoption as opposed to buying your new friend.


Friday 11 November 2005

Buddy (aka Flippin)

It's me Buddy (used to be called Flippin ); my adopted parents decided on the name Buddy even though I'm still flippin cute, Buddy seems to fit. I could've been named Moses which was their first choice but apparently it’s very difficult to scold someone named Moses - go figure- uh uh not that I would ever need scolding :)


Anyway I am very happy with my new parents they love me to pieces and spoil me a lot. I've already traveled to Saskatchewan to meet more relatives and was cuddled and played with a lot. I travel very well - nothing to it just sit there and be catered to all the way - oh life is soooooo hard.

I've met my adopted sisters and their kids; boy I tell you, a guy could go crazy with all these girls around kissin' and huggin' a guy - good thing I have my adopted Dad around or I'd probably be wearing a dress or something when the "grandkids" come over. eewww!

I've learned many things - I can "sit" "rollover" "getit" (like fetch ya know). I'm working on my down and no bite thing - little difficult but I think I'll have it mastered soon. They say I am almost house broken so why do I have to sleep in the kennel, can't wait till I pass this test so I can sleep on that big bed with my new Mum and Dad.

Another thing I am learning is that the big oak table and chair set is NOT my chew toy! I was sure they had got that especially for me along with all the other toys.

My new Mum says thank you very much to all of you at SCARS for rescuing and letting me come and live with my new parents. Oh and she says that my name should really be "Tude" cause I have lots of it whatever that means. Bye for now, Buddy

No comments: